The Manager, Safety will be responsible for developing and maintaining an industry leading safety culture that drives continuous improvement in areas of Environmental Safety and Health based on federal, state, and company regulatory requirements. This individual is responsible for developing, establishing, and maintaining all Environmental Safety and Health programs. This role provides information, support and direction to all employees regarding work place health and safety.
- Is the main point of contact for all environmental, health and safety related accidents/incidents, calls, concerns, projects and initiatives. Takes initiative by making recommendations directly to the Leadership
- Team to prevent future environmental, health and safety issues.
- Coordinates the implementation of controls from results environmental, health and safety audits.
- Compile, analyze, interpret and environmental, health and safety misses including OSHA Recordable accidents, loss and exposure data.
- Works with all levels of Leadership and Employees to identify and evaluate environmental, health and safety hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace.
- Plan, develop and maintain environmental, health and safety policies and programs.
- Develops and manages the department budget; ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Works with Operations Supervisors on environmental, health and safety incidents insuring that all reports and medical decisions are correctly made.
- Maintaining Job Hazard Analyst documentation and implement ideas created from the JHA.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Span of control must be at a department level or above.
- 5+ years’ experience/training in law enforcement or security operations in the warehouse or retail environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace dynamic environment with tight deadlines a must.
- Computer literacy at high level to include Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A