If you would like the independence of running your own vehicle maintenance shop and have the skills, knowledge of DOT operations, sense of responsibility and do not want the financial risks that come with ownership; we have a vehicle maintenance shop waiting for you at FedEx Express. The position offers a full time salary and benefits, as well as all the other advantages one has working for this great company. These are just a few of the many reasons why running one of our shops is right for you.
With your ‘can-do’ attitude and technical savvy, you will have an indispensable role keeping our trucks moving while being employed with the world’s largest transportation company. In addition, you will receive world-class training, responsive support from great team members, and opportunities for advancement should you so desire. FedEx Express culture is renowned for the promote-from-within policy, so if you want to relocate to another location or even another state, this can certainly be an advantage for your career.
As a Senior Vehicle Technician at FedEx Express, you get the shop to run and a fleet of trucks to repair and maintain within an innovative organization where your voice and input is valued. Whether it is completing the necessary paperwork, placing reorders and/or repairing trucks, you are the person that will make it all happen!
FedEx Ground will continue to hire for essential positions like this one.
- Documenting work in VURR, VAGIS, FAMIS, etc.
- Conducting maintenance, repairs and preventive inspections
- Ensuring work is in accordance with OSHA and DOT standards
- Guiding and supporting a staff of technicians and trainees
- Troubleshooting vehicles and equipment
- Maintaining an adequate inventory of materials
- A HS Diploma or GED
- At least four years of relevant experience and vocational training (fleet, automotive, heavy equipment, truck/vehicle maintenance)
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of tools, gauges, testing /troubleshooting equipment, hydraulics, and diesel engines
- Qualifications per Section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier Regulations
- Ability to pass an FHWA/FAA mandated medical exam and regulatory alcohol and blood testing
- Capacity to work independently steadily, and to lift/maneuver heavy equipment
- A valid driver’s license
- A complete set of your own hand tools, including metric sizes
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lafayette, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A