View All First Republic Bank JobsFirst Republic Bank
The Business Banking Intern will primarily assist the Portfolio Quality Analysts, Credit Analysts and Business Bankers with loan and deposit matters. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of financial services, attention to detail, the ability to work under tight deadlines and the ability to work within the team dynamic.
- Build relationships with and learn from Business Bankers, Analysts and supporting teammates who help make First Republic one of the most highly respected Banks in the Country.
- Attain foundational skill-sets to begin a career within the financial industry: For example, (1) gain experience in underwriting credit facilities by applying finance, accounting and/or economics tools to the underwriting process; (2) observe how teammates cultivate client and professional relationships utilizing both written and verbal skills; and (3) problem-solve and effectively communicate with peers and management in matters relating to management of the existing portfolio, marketing and prospecting, and process improvement initiatives.
- Assist in supporting the Analyst and the team in closing new deals, which includes (1)
- Researching new borrowers, owners, and management teams (2) Ensuring that new borrowers are in good standing with the state; and (3)
- Assuring that First Republic is the borrower’s preferred bank.
- Maintain existing loans and track financial covenants (1) review borrowers’ financial statements; (2) test covenant compliance; and (3) assure that outstanding advances are repaid by their maturity dates.
- Assist with client queries and loan servicing matters related to interest charges, account statements and compliance items.
- Role model First Republic’s fast-paced and inclusive culture with timely responses to requests, collaboration with the team.
- Assist with financial reporting covenant monitoring which includes scanning/saving financial information, loading files into OnBase, organizing files on the local shared drives.
- Assist with research/audit requests by locating and reporting files and other financial information.
- Undergraduates Required (Rising Seniors and Rising Juniors preferred)
- Minimum GPA of ~3.3
- Leadership experience preferred: volunteer, clubs, team sports, extra-curricular activities, special projects, etc.
- Taken a Financial Accounting class
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Company: First Republic Bank
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Albany, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A