We see ourselves as influencers – we steer the IKEA business by finding the truth behind the figures. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards; we assure that accounting processes are efficient and that tax compliance meets business needs. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders. At the end of the day, that’s one of the foundations to make IKEA even better!
- Works with the Group framework teams and functional leadership to minimize deviations from standard global frameworks for business needs and compliance reasons and secures effective ways of working. Contributes to global projects to develop financial operations and reporting.
- Works closely together with Business Navigation to create insight in costs and performance and support business steering. Perform variance analysis, reviewing and challenging reported actuals and forecasts and first level of commentary.
- Support and educate the business with setting up and maintaining the financial structures to follow-up cost and performance and support decision making in line with global frameworks.
- Support the organization with insight in financial performance, position and liquidity and support investment decisions and financial planning.
- Support an efficient and effective cost recharging process (calculation, recharging, agreements etc).
- Coordinate the budget, forecast and cost follow up including preparation of management reporting.
- Work closely together with the local and/or centralized Accounting & Reporting Operations to ensure relevant, complete, accurate and timely
- Accounting and Financial and Management reporting based on standard global frameworks and local legal requirements and maintaining effective internal controls.
- You plan, measure financial records in compliance with internal and external regulations and ensuring value for money in reaching business objectives and long-term profitable growth.
- You have 5-7 years with increased responsibility in accounting or finance related field.
- You have a Bachelor or master’s degree in accounting / Finance / Economics or a related field.
- You are a professionally qualified accountant ACA/ACCA or local equivalent with strong knowledge International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- You are a strong communicator with capacity to influence decisions and create energy and commitment within the organization.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N / A