Website JetBlue Airways
The Developer leads complex design, development, testing and documentation effort of enterprise applications and services, mainly with JAVA technology stack. This role involves significant collaboration with stakeholders, driving technical architecture and implementation. The Developer defines practices and leads team members to develop and maintain innovative, scalable applications which provide value to the business.
- Lead the design, code, debug and documentation of applications in JAVA technologies like J2EE, SpringBoot, SpringCloud framework, Spring MVC, Streams and API,
- Build Micro services that connect to Relational, NoSQL & Graph databases
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Provide guidance on development through architecture decisions; coach/support other engineers; Collaborate with stakeholders to define specifications and delivery project timelines; Perform code reviews to insure high quality and consistent coding practices
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
- Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security and regulatory requirements
- Partner with other IT Managers to ensure alignment and drive efficiencies and ensure continued accountability for product and services delivery within assigned business units and across IT
- Provide direct oversight of delivery teams for applicable portfolio initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Five (5) years’ experience with JAVA technologies including Java, J2EE, Spring, SpringBoot, SpringCloud, and JDBC
- Excellent understanding of multi-threading & concurrency in java is required.
- Experience leading all tasks in the development cycle such as business process definition, configuration and unit testing, assistance and follow-up with user testing, co-ordination of transports, production, training, post-live support and fixes, etc.
- Experience with RESTful, JSON, XML, SOAP web service
- Certifications with cloud platform like, Azure/AWS/GCP will be plus.
- Exposure to Azure technologies like, CosmosDB, BLOB Storage, APIM, App Services, AKS, and Service Bus will be Big Plus.
- Experience with OAuth and LDAP is preferred
- Experience with Azure, Docker or Container Orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Thorough knowledge of business function and thorough knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies
- Exposure to JetBlue’s IT disciplines and interdependencies
- Exposure to JetBlue’s business units and how their needs drive IT strategy
- Familiarity with backend architectures, Micro services patterns, Object oriented design patterns, Messaging architecture
- Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 35%)
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Company: JetBlue Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, USA
Application Deadline: N/A