Website Air Canada
Reporting to the Director, Resource Planning – YYZ, the Resource Scheduling and Customer Experience Delivery Manager is responsible to oversee the training and development of Customer Experience Managers.
- Oversee the ‘LEADING CEM’ program. Coach and mentor CEM’s assigned to ‘relief’ functions. Develop these managers, with the support of department heads. Engage in annual performance reviews aimed at improving the performance of those participating in the ‘Leading CEM’ program. Manage the resource scheduling of the program so as to ensure sufficient management coverage is provisioned to backfill liabilities and minimize OT costs
- Oversight of management vacation bid, ensure sufficient backfill and ops coverage, process any adjustments to management schedules that may arise
- Oversee the training & development of Customer Experience Manager’s by facilitating new hire onboarding sessions for YYZ, YVR and YUL.
- Develop and implement supplementary training programs for all key operational roles.
- Facilitate cross-training and enhance the qualification of YYZ Airports management by formalizing a front-line management training program. Manage the scheduling and delivery of initial CEM training, leadership training and supplemental training.
- Strategize the development and implementation of a formalized Acting Management program. Implement standardized approach in regards to how Acting Managers are selected, developed and scheduled.
- Reconcile and maintain management training records
- Support station initiatives i.e communication, training, employee recognition campaigns
- Gauge management transfers, retirements, resignations and promotions. Act as a Liaison with Corp. Resources, on ensuring backfill for YYZ management & ATS positions
- Responsible for the resource scheduling for +200 YYZ management & ATS personnel. Ensuring reconciliation of Station Org charts, management budgetary commitments, gauging recruitment, attrition, transfers and return to work / accommodation scenarios. Working alongside Corporate Resources, monitor management headcount and determine required staffing plans and/or adjustments
- Engage employees who are deemed as prospective future CEM’s and develop personal development plans aimed at enhancing one’s technical abilities, experience & ops insight
- Administer YYZ management vacation bid – ensuring reconciliation checks are performed and maintained
- Reconciliation of YYZ JOB codes, Org Charts, Reporting Structures for all YYZ management/ATS
- Oversight of non-unionized payroll activities (i.e. processing of OT/MTO & Leaves of Absence)
- Reconciliation of Management/ATS Time & Attendance reporting; acting as a liaison to ensure senior station management enforce standards and accountability
- Actively participate and lead CEM onboarding sessions from both a training design/delivery as well as a scheduling perspective
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong Commitment to teamwork and developing others
- Familiarity with “Employee self-serve”, Staff Manager, Staff Admin, MS Excel is essential
- Leadership qualities, fostering behavioural traits embodying Air Canada’s Flight Path
- Ability to translate business strategy into plans, directions and objectives
- Understanding of Air Canada HR policies (beneficial)
- Strong ability to engage in conflict resolution and an ability to foster positive working relationships
- Recognized leader with +3 years in a leadership role
- Organizational skills, ability to multi-task, Time management and the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Analytical thinker (assessment of data and trends)
Qualification & Experience:
- Financial acumen, ability to recognize and identify opportunities to increase revenue
- Manpower Planning experience an asset
- Understanding of Air Canada and Airline/Airport Operations an asset
- Customer service experience
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A