Develop and expand existing and new government accounts within a defined territory. Drive new sales opportunities with existing government customers, positioning the company for profitable growth of those accounts. Target, contact and secure new business accounts, typically with multiple site locations, within the designated geography and/or nationwide. Manage all aspects of assigned accounts within their portfolio, including but not limited to: opportunity identification through sales strategy; customer contact, pre-sales planning; deal execution; post sales installation planning and coordination; customer issue resolution relating to invoicing, service and other issues in order to ensure a high level of post-sales customer satisfaction and facilitate long term relationships with strong potential for repeat business. Maintain and grow RIF base for assigned accounts. Sell new RIF within assigned geography.
- Primarily responsible for building sales with both existing and new government customers, preparing estimates, and creating and delivering proposals.
- Maintain RIF base for assigned accounts and grow it with new accounts and add-on projects.
- Acts as a central point of contact to service existing or assigned account’s needs and requests.
- Model Tyco IS and Tyco behaviors.
- Develops and expands existing or new Customer(s) for assigned accounts and or geographical areas. Introduces new technologies to the customer.
- Represents the company at trade shows as needed. Active participant in Security Industry Networking Associations and Groups.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers’ business issues and needs through in-house training and research.
- Drive wider and deeper account penetration with new and existing accounts through frequent proactive contact with accounts; building, expanding and maintaining strong relationships with multiple departments (facilities, loss prevention, IT, finance) and key decision makers at multiple levels within customer organizations a minimum of 50% of the time spent building relationships with customers, in front of the customer on-site.
- Achieve targeted sales growth for National Accounts at a rate and profit margin consistent with the strategic business plan. Goals and objectives measured based on Quota Attainment, Growth of Business, and number of new prospects in pipeline.
- Ensure responsiveness and service delivery to government customers through utilization of internal infrastructure including Customer Monitoring Centers (CMC’s), National Account Service Center (NASC), Business Operations, support team, and Tyco IS sales & service offices (SSO’s).
- Formulate a sound business plan to provide acceptable sales growth year over year in accordance with established plan and market share targets. Work with Regional Sales Director to define and meet annual established quota.
- Responsible for targeting new customers with 2-3 new account prospects at all times. Maintain a pipeline funnel of active prospects on a consistent basis.
- Establish and maintain a high level of quality and timely service to customers for maximum retention.
- Staying current with emerging technology trends through new product webinar roll outs and in consistent contact with manufactures’ representatives.
- Proven sales ability with high-level corporate contacts.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to comprehend, develop and effectively execute business plans, account portfolio management, and opportunity analyses.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents (terms and conditions, technical procedures, etc.)
- Ability to travel 50%
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience selling in the government electronic security marketplace.
- College Degree in Sales/Marketing or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of commercial sales experience, including two (2) years of major accounts sales of electronic security or related industry experience within a large corporation.
Company: Johnson Controls
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aurora, US-CO
Application Deadline: N/A