KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges. With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
- Market assessment (e.g. market, policy, regulatory or technology trends, market and supply chain capability and capacity)
- Market Making (e.g. complex business cases, market engagement, procurement strategy)
- It is an exciting time to join this team as we are growing rapidly due to our unique propositions and strength of client relationships.
- We are working on some fascinating public issues – ranging, for example, from the rise of autonomous vehicles, to growing regional trade or the creation of new markets for provision of public services.
- Build deep client relationships and be seen as the ‘go to’ person and a trusted adviser by C-level executives.
- Finalise the preparation of the client deliverables and identify the critical areas for debate
- Undertake scoping and fee negotiation on standard engagements
- Actively develop own knowledge and expertise in chosen proposition(s) and sector of choice
- Proactively develop thought leadership
- Lead the design of standard / complex engagements
- Lead complex storyboarding and shape the issue identification and overall problem solving approach to develop recommendations
- Present and refine business models and data analysis solutions through discussions with management
- Identify, pursue and convert a pipeline of business development opportunities
- Inspire, motivate, coach and develop project team members and appraisees, and give constructive upwards feedback
- Identify, design and lead critical and complex practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
- Identify, pursue and convert a pipeline of business development opportunities for the team
- Business Strategy (e.g. vision, objectives, strategic options, future proofing, financial sustainability)
- Operating Strategy (e.g. operating model design, governance and structures, incentives)
- The team blends this with support to the largest infrastructure operators and infrastructure programmes in the UK. As a team, we are a group of individuals who are passionate about having fun both inside and outside of work.
- Demonstrable ability to adapt quickly in changing circumstances, be an active learner and build innovative solutions
- Examples illustrating their collaborative and transparent team approach, readily sharing knowledge with the team, working through silos and respectful of others’ views and opinions
- Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil the key strategic insights
- Ability to evaluate complex challenges and deliver insightful recommendations that can be practically executed
- Strong numerical capabilities combined with sound commercial acumen
- Strong academics, at degree level or equivalent
- Current UK security clearance to SC or above is advantageous
- Evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Structured thinking skills combined with creativity
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Considerable experience of leading complex projects, in relevant the sectors, with multi-disciplinary teams in a consulting or corporate environment (a strategy house, big 4 firm or central strategy / corporate development team of a large company)
- Track record of working closely with Government/Infrastructure clients to deliver high impact recommendations and having a detailed understanding of the value drivers within the relevant sectors
- Experience of managing or supporting high value business development activities with senior public and private sector stakeholders
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A