Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Reports to the Process Engineering Manager. This position will provide engineering support, technical stewardship, leadership, and oversight for gas processing operations. In addition, this position will assist in developing, estimating, and implementing capital projects for the business unit. Performs all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and government requirements.
- Must have broad knowledge of natural gas processing and operations.
- Must be able to troubleshoot operational issues and resolve a variety of operational problems utilizing sound engineering practices.
- Must be able to review and redline process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) for gas processing facilities.
- Must have knowledge of how to evaluate and size relief valves and systems for gas processing facilities.
- Must be able to simulate gas and liquid processes on various process simulators, including HYSYS, VMG Sim, and PIPESYS.
- Must be proficient in developing processing equipment and piping sizes and costs.
- Must be able to prepare bid requests and evaluate such based on sound engineering and business principles.
- Must maintain knowledge and ability to apply engineering standards as they relate to the specific project.
- Must be able to handle assignments and projects with minimal supervision and complete within acceptable time standards.
- Must be capable of providing equipment specifications per MarkWest standards and order appropriate materials for projects.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: This position requires a degree in Chemical Engineering from a 4 year accredited college or university. At least four (4) years of relevant experience in the design and/or operation of gas processing facilities is desired for this position.
- The position is primarily located in an office environment. Travel to field locations or fabrication sites will be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee at times works in outside weather conditions and with flammable liquids.
- The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, acidic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Company: Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A