View All Marriott JobsMarriott
Functions as the property’s strategic financial business leader for a multi-property unit. As a member of the Executive Committee, the position champions, develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees. The position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment. In addition, creates and executes a business plan that is aligned with the property and brand’s business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other departments managers’ clear accountability backed by the appropriate authority.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Attends meetings and communicates with the owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
- Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
- Manages communication with owners in an effective manner.
- Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOPs and owner requirements.
- Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
- Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 2 years experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A