The Marriott International HQ located at 10400 Fernwood Road , Bethesda, MD 20817 is currently hiring a Manager, Accounting.
- Loans and guarantees provided to owners, development activities, hotel transactions, mergers and acquisitions, leases, foreign exchange and related hedges, debt, and joint ventures, among other areas, fall within CFA’s responsibilities.
- Additionally, this position will have responsibility, as required, in managing the accounting and reporting Marriott’s mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activities, capital recycling program, and the acquisition and disposition of hotel properties.
- The Corporate Financial Accounting department (“CFA”) is responsible for the accounting, analysis, reporting, and controls, relating to Marriott’s financial activities.
- Partner with multiple Marriott departments (Accounting Policy, Finance Business Partners, Corporate Treasury, and various other Accounting Departments within Marriott) to effectively manage the accounting for the lease portfolio.
- Inventory Marriott leasing arrangements on a global scale.
- Provide ongoing accounting governance for leases. This oversight includes managing the receipt of accounting information accounted for remotely, as well as identifying and maintaining appropriate US GAAP adjustments relating to foreign entities.
- Ensure accurate U.S. GAAP accounting and financial statement reporting and disclosures of the Marriott lease portfolio.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify long range plan, budget and forecasting requirements as they relate to leases.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to effectively manage MIP-66 compliance of lease portfolio.
- For non-U.S. leases, understand local GAAP reporting and establish US GAAP adjustment calculation process and responsibility ownership.
- Manage the integration of the Starwood owned & leased properties into recurring reporting, basis determination, and impairment analyses, as assigned.
- Contribute to the maintenance of accounting and reporting processes and controls regarding Marriott’s M&A activities, as assigned.
- Participate in managing the accounting for the acquisition, holding, and disposition of wholly-owned or leased properties, as assigned.
- Manage the effective utilization of technology to ensure internal information sharing requirements are efficiently administered.
- Manage by prioritizing projects and workload of team and establishing deadlines for department priorities.
- Participate, coordinate, and / or lead process redesign initiatives in support of Global Finance initiatives.
- Lead and coordinate other special projects, as assigned.
- This highly visible role requires a mastery of complex arrangements, excellent communications skills, and the ability to partner with multiple stakeholders to ensure the accurate and timely execution of department responsibilities.
- The Manager, Lease Accounting Oversight and Hotel Transactions, is responsible for the oversight of lease accounting in compliance with U.S. GAAP. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Lease Accounting Oversight & Hotel Transactions.
- He/she will manage the end-to-end accounting, administration, and reporting processes and controls regarding Marriott’s lease portfolio, under the new U.S. GAAP lease accounting standard.
- Experience in interpreting complex contract provisions, evaluate risks, apply judgement and coordinate compliance and handling of complex financial issues.
- Supports, manages and initiates change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace.
- Fosters relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
- Strong business process skills; capable of managing effective processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
- Strong financial acumen with proven analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve issues and to initiate, design, implement and document required business processes.
- Strong technical accounting skills; understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and related controls.
- Understanding of management contracts and related business models.
- Well-organized and strong organizational and managerial skills to be able to manage multiple priorities, adjust to changing business demands and follow through on commitments.
- Proficient in spreadsheet and other business software applications.
- Experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
- Strong people management skills; ability to motivate others to perform at peak levels; ability to enhance the organization’s capabilities through effective management of resources and skills.
- High degree of initiative; highly motivated self-starter.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment with senior management, owner representatives, attorneys, peers and subordinates.
- Capable of improving and documenting processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
- Experience with accounting in a multi-currency environment under multiple bases of accounting.
- Able to develop and maintain effective client relationships and promote a client service orientation that delivers customer results
Qualification & Experience:
- B.S. Degree required; Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred.
- CPA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years finance/accounting experience.
- Significant international accounting exposure a plus.
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and systems.
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bethesda, Maryland, US
Application Deadline: N/A