As a member of this team, you will design, and drive implementation of organization-wide capabilities such as secrets management, identity and access management, gateway access, secure provisioning, security telemetry and more. You’ll always be challenged to solve interesting and novel problems that have real impact on how the world builds software.
The team is highly distributed and you must thrive in an environment of remote work and asynchronous communication. You will be expected to have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to develop effective relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- Architect/develop, implement, and help maintain infrastructure security services.
- Mentor team members to uplevel technical and interpersonal security skills.
- Partner with teams across the organization (infrastructure, application engineering, data analytics, etc.) to ensure the security, availability and resilience – of our infrastructure and services.
- Provide security guidance on new projects and technologies.
- Inform and influence updates to our security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Cultivate the open source projects developed by GitHub and build things you are proud to share.
- Participate in on-call rotations and respond to incidents as necessary.
- Proficiency with the GNU/Linux operating system and shell scripting.
- Proficiency in at least one high level language such as Ruby, Python, Golang, etc.
- Experience with Azure or a similar cloud provider.
- Familiarity with configuration/orchestration management software such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt.
- A tenacious ability to diagnose and fix security, performance and reliability problems.
- Pragmatic and collaborative approach to decision making and system design.
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices such as continuous integration & deployment.
- Understanding of production system monitoring & observability and experience with telemetry systems/tools, like ELK, Splunk, Azure Data Explorer, and TICK stacks.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A