Procter & Gamble is a highly successful global company in the manufacturing of leading brand name consumer products. Our manufacturing teams are responsible for every aspect of Product Making and Packing and are recognised as an industry leader for developing innovative production systems and technologies. We are looking to hire motivated and high caliber experienced technicians to take the role as a new Assistant Microbiologist and join the team at our London Plant (West Thurrock) – the home of manufacturing home-care brands like Fairy, Daz and Ariel in the UK! This type of role will suit the person who is looking for a career and not a job. We are a build from within company and expect those recruited to want to be developed to move up our pay reward system.
- Microbiology laboratory, laboratory standards, and procedures; qualification of microbiology laboratory personnel;
- Compliance to the requisite microbiological operating standards and procedures across the site;
- Microbiology Daily Management system – the Assistant Microbiologist will be the deputy to the Site Microbiologist.
- Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/left balance, competitive holiday allowance, overtime, P&G discount site, staff shop, local event tickets and more.
Qualification & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in microbiology or a related subject and demonstrable experience in this area ideally in industrial microbiology. The individual must possess a sound technical understanding of microbiology and its application to industrial processes, operating standards and product.
- The Site Assistant Microbiologist must be an influential leader to make sure the required actions are taken. The individual must have leadership as well as the ability and authority to be capable of implementing change where needed.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, GB
Application Deadline: N/A