View All Patagonia JobsPatagonia
Patagonia is looking for an experienced, compassionate, highly motivated individual to work as our Safety & Security Specialist Supervisor. This is a new role that must embody Patagonia’s unique culture and demonstrate an open and inclusive approach to making sure everyone who has contact with Patagonia feels safe and welcome. Success will require a demonstrated commitment to ensuring Patagonia consistently offers a just and equitable work environment, whether on site at the Ventura locations or while working remotely. In this role you will lead, coordinate, develop and implement Safety & Security strategies and programs designed to protect Patagonia’s employees, customers, families and the places in which they work.
- Coordinate the management of the In-House Safety and Security team and/or 3rd party security contractors. This will include scheduling, training, counseling etc.
- Oversee, maintain and monitor Safety & Security systems to include Burglar/Fire Alarms, CCTV, Brivo Badging, 1st Aid equipment, AED’s, Key Control, etc.
- Monitor and patrol the campuses regularly and check for unsafe conditions/hazards.
- Ensure the company is compliant with OSHA/Fire laws.
- Work with the Facilities team to ensure proper functioning of badge access systems, doors, windows, fences, pedestrian and vehicle gates.
- Respond to and conduct investigations & reports related to theft, injury, property damage, etc.
- Work closely with the Manager of Family Services providing safety & security for families.
- Respond to incidents of work-related injury, medical emergencies, fire etc.
- Communicate daily/weekly summary incident reports to the legal team and management.
- Maintain records of incidents and develop metrics and process for communicating program success and challenges.
- Coordinate safety and security needs for company events.
- Assist with large incident response planning including developing protocols, event documentation, and coordinating with emergency services and support vendors;
- Oversee the safety management system to protect workers from injuries or incidents disrupting operations.
- Coordinate fire/evacuation drills and develop building evacuation plans to ensure safety and continuity protocols are effective.
- Oversee, train and guide the Emergency Response Team (ERT).
- 5+ years combined experience in security supervision, law enforcement, military, community outreach, customer service and/or emergency response coordination.
- Be at least 21 years of age with at least a high school education or equivalent (GED).
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing racial justice and equity.
- Actively works towards creating a welcoming, respectful and inclusive environment for all members of Patagonia’s community.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of personnel, co-workers and the public in a professional and effective manner.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong sense of Integrity, Professionalism and understanding of Confidentiality.
- Desire and capacity to lead thinking and execution at a strategic as well as operational level.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with everyone and use those relationships to execute business strategy.
- Flexibly; adaptability; ability to act quickly in an emergency and make sound judgement calls.
- Effective project management and time management skills.
- Must be comfortable working in an independent manner, able to multi-task, be flexible with and embrace and lead through change and prioritize the needs of the business.
- Ability to pass a criminal records check.
- Ability to obtain a State of California BSIS (Bureau of Security & Investigative Services) Guard Card.
- Ability to pass and maintain 1st Aid, CPR & AED certifications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A