View All Pembina JobsPembina
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is currently looking for highly motivated and dedicated individuals to join our downtown Calgary office in various areas as a Co-op Student/Intern, Accounting from January 1 to August 31, 2021.
- Reports to Supervisor, Corporate Accounting;
- Provide support and work with the Business Units to ensure processes, policies, and procedures are in place for Leases and Asset Retirement
- Obligation to record estimates and complete reporting requirements under IFRS and US GAAP;
- Assist with assessing the impacts of newly issued IFRS and US GAAP accounting standard updates on Pembina’s accounting policies and business processes;
- Work with Business Unit accounting, business development & legal teams to review new contracts and assess appropriate accounting treatments under IFRS and US GAAP; and
- Other duties as required.
- Must be enrolled in a university Co-operative Education program;
- Currently a second-year Accounting student or higher;
- Must have completed Intermediate Financial Accounting I or equivalent;
- Completion of Intermediate Financial Accounting II and/or a management accounting course or equivalent is desirable;
- Detail-oriented with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Energetic, positive, and motivated;
- Possesses a strong work ethic and the ability to generate superior results under tight deadlines and competing priorities;
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills including familiarity with other MS applications is preferred; and
- Experience with accounting software or SAP is desirable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, CA
Application Deadline: N/A