View All Primark JobsPrimark
This role is to join existing Retail & Digital Domain Team as Domain Architect and assist with development of Business and ICT Strategy within Primark. Advise, design and govern the solutions landscape to ensure the ICT solutions directly support the business landscape. The person will provide hands on management and control of the development process and strategic direction with a domain/subsection of the business to ensure the future proofing of Primark’s IT systems.
- Responsible for identifying cross directorate and cross project dependencies, risks and activities and negotiating resolution to conflict.
- Provides thought leadership in IT strategy, development models, cost-optimisation, innovation and efficiency improvement.
- Negotiate with key stakeholders involving prioritisation of projects and resources.
- Provides detailed guidance to multi-functional teams through project planning and other large collaboration efforts. Fosters an environment of open communication and problem solving.
- Develops long term vision of technologies and solutions. Collaborates with IT leadership in planning and implementing of technology roadmaps. Assists the team in researching solutions, solicits input from outside industry experts and recommends solutions to meet business requirements.
- Introduce new technologies into Primark where required and show value to Primark at both cost and functional levels.
- Ability to provide direction and take design ownership for projects which is delivered by a highly technical team that supports a complex environment.
- Educated to degree level in a Computing or business discipline or equivalent.
- Experience of mission critical High Availability design and deployment in large transaction volume environments
- Previous experience of managing complex integration projects in a highly pressurised environment is a prerequisite.
- Experience of setting and managing project development with a wide range of vendors to support solutions in a multi-country environment
- Previous experience of managing large scale development projects is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to a wide range of people at all levels including communicating complex technical issues to non-technical user base.
- Experience of vendor management necessary.
- Experience identifying and understanding user issues and managing user expectations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ilford, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A