SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
- Build and maintain trust with relevant stakeholders including analysts, civil society organizations, employees, financial community, media, and public policy makers.
- Provide strategic insights to internal business teams on status and progress of key government programs and opportunities.
- Maintain strategic relationship with key influencers and government nodal agencies.
- Participate in relevant public sector-related program committees as industry representative/expert.
- Maintain continuous, proactive, and strategic engagement on policy issues with federal and provincial governments to ensure favourable regulatory environment for SAP; building and maintaining a network of trusted relationships with relevant members of the public policy/government communities.
- Prepare policy papers, policy response statements, and points-of-view on key policies including IT regulation, taxation, trade, privacy, cyber security and IPR etc.
- Manage relationships with industry associations and collaborate on larger industry issues.
- Create knowledge content on policies based on global goals/mission and lead thought leadership engagements with stakeholders based on the same.
- Existing network of trusted relations with governments and public policy makers required.
- In-depth understanding of IT market and SAP positioning and products.
- Fluency in English and French preferred; knowledge of other languages a plus.
- Knowledge of government relations, public policy, political process, social movements, and communications required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant experience in strategic planning, development, budgeting, and change management processes.
- Professional communicator who is not shy to express opinions and consult others on communications activities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A