Reporting to the Chair of the School of Information and Communications Technology, the professor is responsible for developing, preparing, and delivering courses within the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering Technology (FASET) ensuring an effective and compelling learning environment for students.
- Ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques.
- Carrying out regularly scheduled instruction, which may include tutoring and academic counselling of students.
- Providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources, work experience and field trips.
- Evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses.
- Providing guidance to Instructors relative to the Instructors’ teaching assignments.
- Participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees as requested.
- Lead academic activities such as applied research.
- Contribute to other areas of activity ancillary to the academic programs of the School such as secondary school liaison and outreach.
- Consulting with program and course directors and other faculty members, advisory committees, accrediting agencies, potential employers and students.
- Defining course objectives and evaluating and validating these objectives.
- Specifying or approving learning approaches, necessary resources, etc.
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations where applicable.
- Selecting or approving textbooks and learning materials
- Demonstrated research skills with industry connections.
- Excellent presentation, communication and human relation skills to interact effectively with the College’s multi-cultural/racial/able staff and student population is required, as is an understanding of and commitment to equity in education.
- Commitment to a team approach for problem solving and conflict resolution.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of a completed Master’s Degree in Computer Studies, IT or closely related field. If education is in a related field, state how it is relevant.
- Minimum of one (1) year teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ industry experience in Network Security.
Company: Seneca College
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A