Website Spirit Airlines
The FOQA Manager manages the daily administration, security and operation of the Flight Operational Quality Assurance (FOQA) Program. The manager ensures aircraft data downloading, analysis, software/computer management, program meetings, and other projects as assigned by the Manager of Flight Safety are completed as required. Directly interfaces with the gatekeepers and ALPA pilot union safety committee members on all areas related to FOQA. Promotes Spirit Airline’s Safety Culture through interactions/ presentations with key stakeholders internally and externally through the FOQA program and industry safety conferences.
- Screens data for accuracy, integrity and validity.
- Ensures the proper functioning of FOQA software, hardware, and associated peripherals.
- Performs data analysis, root cause analysis, and assists in identifying adverse events or trends in flight operations.
- Chairs the FOQA program monthly meeting with the gatekeepers and other key stakeholders.
- Present FOQA information to various internal and external groups such as senior management, pilots, industry, and governmental agencies.
- Contributes to internal newsletters, communicating significant trends to stakeholders. Create Safety Promotional (Quarterly FOQA Scorecard, FOQA Bulletins)
- Maintains FOQA systems including coordinating with vendors to troubleshoot and diagnose problems and installing system upgrades.
- Oversees data collection process of aircraft fleet in conjunction with Maintenance Planning.
- Work with ALPA Gatekeepers in identifying adverse trends in the FOQA data.
- Coordinate the development, verification and validation of aircraft specific event definitions as appropriate.
- Screens downloaded data for accuracy, integrity and validity.
- Work with ALPA and company stakeholders in identifying adverse trends.
- Manages the daily administration of the FOQA program.
- Prepare flight operations trending analysis and charts.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in 14 CFR Part 121 air carrier operations; qulity control, maintenance, operations, safety or a combination thereof.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent expereince in Aviation, science or Engineering required.
- Previous work with FOQA program required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suit programs.
- Computer programming and statistical analysis knowledge and experience.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A