View All Sprouts JobsSprouts
The Meat Cutter is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and practicing safe food handling procedures. This position performs various cuts for meat items including, but not limited to: beef, chicken, pork and veal. The Meat cutter will also have stocking and merchandising responsibilities in both the fresh and frozen cases.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment to insure compliance with all safety and sanitation requirements as set forth by the company and mandated by state, federal, and OSHA regulations
- Ensures compliance to local, state, and government weights and measures and labeling laws
- Greets and takes orders from customers
- Cuts, trays, and packages all of the required meat and seafood products required for the day.
- Maintains proper safety practices and care while using all the cutting accessories available in the meat department; complies with the use of mesh gloves while using a knife.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Reliable and dependable; ability to follow direction
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Strong communication skills; outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Ability to perform repetitious activities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential to interact with customers and employees
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A