This position contributes to Starbucks success by assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts.This job deploys partners and delegates tasks so that partners can create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned. Follows
- Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
- Utilizes operational tools to achieve operational excellence during the shift.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partnerperformance.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Follows up with baristas during the shift to ensure the delivery of legendary customer service for all customers.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift.
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and by collaborating with store manager to find new, creative, and effective methods of recognition.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- At least six (6) months of experience delegating tasks to other employees and/or coordinating the tasks of two (2) or more employees
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Six (6) months of experience in a position that required constant interacting with and fulfilling the requests of customers
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prepare and coach the preparation of food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Effective oral communication skills
- Ability to build relationships
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A