As a member of the Brand, Marketing, Sales & Consumer Services (BMSC) Finance Business Partnership (FBP), Senior Business Analyst will support the FBP in the execution of financial management processes which support the financial and operational business strategies and plans designed to enable BMSC to achieve its business objectives.
- The ongoing monitoring, measuring and forecasting of financial performance and assist in the development of actionable recommendations to address identified business challenges and opportunities.
- The finance related activities for the development and implementation of new programs, services and initiatives to include analyses of funding approaches and development of cost models that are in compliance with management and franchise agreements.
- The ongoing monitoring of the control environment and the development of actionable recommendations to improve controls and processes.
- The timely and efficient execution of key financial business processes.
- The ongoing monitoring and analysis of programs and services costs to ensure funding and cost allocation methodologies are appropriately and consistently applied and spending levels are aligned with business priorities and plans.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Effective problem solving abilities; recognizes and researches problems and identifies their underlying causes and recommends and implements solutions
- Relationship builder; networker
- Collaborative; team player
- Results oriented
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity
- Knowledge of Marriott accounting policies and procedures and systems
- Understanding of Marriott management and franchisee contracts
- Excellent PC skills: advance knowledge of MS Excel
- Effective decision making abilities; uses data appropriately in the process; escalates issues where appropriate
- Strong organizational skills; effective in prioritizing and managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills; communicates effectively both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to build and maintain key relationships; able to influence others and function effectively in a collaborative work environment
- Strong service orientation
- Active learner; applies past experiences to identify alternative solutions for current problems, able to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles
- Able to work independently
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience
- Lodging/ hospitality industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of Marriott’s BMSC programs and services, funding sources and organization structure preferred
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bethesda, Maryland, US
Application Deadline: N/A