At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
- Responsible for proactively soliciting group/catering business.
- The position is accountable for handling large group or other customer segments related to opportunities with significant revenue potential. Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties.
- Aligns customer profile with the appropriate product. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals.
- Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with brand standards of excellence. Creates opportunities to grow the account base through customer interactions.
- Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities based on market conditions and individual property needs.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
- Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
- Targets group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
- Partners with group/catering colleagues to effectively manage business opportunities.
- Responds to and manages larger and more complex incoming group/catering opportunities for the property.
- Works with partners to develop creative ideas and proposals for group/catering events.
- Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 5 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years of experience in sales and marketing or related professional area.
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, Colorado, US
Application Deadline: N/A