View All State Street JobsState Street
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
- Provide outstanding service to our clients, always seeking ways to improve and automate workflow and processes.
- Lead communications at senior levels with client personnel and investment professionals.
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Oversee the supervision of officer and associate level staff and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that regulatory and fund document deadlines are met while adhering to all procedures and quality controls.
- Review and approve NAV reporting packages in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of fund structures and show proficiency in accounting for complex transactions, understanding investment fund legal documents and guiding your teams in implementing standard methodologies.
- Participate in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc. Provide oversight of client on boarding and fund set up.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Identify and participate in system development needs, testing, and procedural improvements.
- Lead and participate in projects across the department, particularly those which look to mitigate risk, improve operational efficiency, and deliver exceptional client service.
- Provide support for and effectively communicate broad overall company initiatives and goals to staff within span of control
- Critical thinking
- Ability to work individually as well within a team environment
- Ability to meet established deadlines
- Fund accounting experience, ideally 5+ years, for this role.
- A college degree (accounting business, mathematics, finance or economics degree preferred).
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
- Demonstrate initiative to perform well under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple assignments
- Strong leadership and resource management skills
- Strong accounting background
- Ability to successfully manage people
Company: State Street
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A