To support the Assistant Billing Manager with the management of the Billing team on a day to day basis ensuring service delivery within the SLA and Control framework and full compliance with all relevant legislation. Accurate and timely billing is delivered to enable prompt cash collection to optimise company cash flow. An excellent level of customer service is provided to both internal and external customers. Support the delivery of continuous improvement within the team.
- Providing active and enthusiastic supervision to the Billing team
- Achieving agreed Billing service levels and monitoring performance against KPIs
- Support the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives in billing processes to deliver a more efficient and effective service
- Support the Assistant Billing Manager with management activities for the team including performance reviews, conducting 121s, setting objectives and effective performance management
- All processes are documented in a standardised format and reviewed regularly, as a minimum annually
- Monitoring and overseeing timely resolution of queries within service levels
- External and internal customer focus required ensuring an effective billing service and appropriate escalation of issues
- Ensure month end deadlines are met and that all invoices are produced accurately and timely and in line with billing schedule
- Work alongside the Billing Manager & Assistant Billing Manager to develop effective working relationships with the Ops Support Team and SGCC in order to keep up to date with all changes in the rates charged to airlines
- Maintain effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Support the review of month end accruals and that unbilled activity is analysed and is kept to a minimum each month end
- Develop a commercial awareness of customers for the group
- Providing and resolving any customer queries within service levels
- Ensure team adhere to KPIs and help drive the performance of the team
- Has a good understanding of both internal and external customer requirements and provides the best possible service to customers
- Supports the adherence of a rigorous control environment meeting legislative and ICS requirements
- Support the Billing Manager in instilling the values and deliverables of the SSC within the team
- Any other Ad-hoc duties as required
- Create comprehensive, accurate and timely invoices for customer airlines using the in-house billing system.
- Work with Business Controllers & Finance colleagues to capture an accurate monthly accrual capturing all outstanding revenue items allowing an accurate revenue profile for the business.
- Develop effective working relationships with the following groups – Customer Account Managers, Business Controllers, Credit Control, Systems teams and Purchase Ledger.
- Ensure all customer queries are responded to and resolved in a timely and highly professional manner informing all relevant parties of resolution.
- Analyse customer queries to identify areas of improvement to prevent repetition of query and to allow efficient debt collection.
- Lead the team, apply coaching, knowledge or seek other suitable sources of information where necessary.
- Hold monthly team meetings reviewing overall billing performance of the team.
- Produce reports at the request of the UK Billing Manager
- Attend and contribute to weekly meetings regarding on-going enhancements to billing systems and processes.
- Reconcile weekly billing against weekly forecasts, highlighting variances of revenue to the Billing Manager, Business Controllers & Finance colleagues.
- Supervise weekly and monthly invoicing for all team members ensuring any queries are dealt with and invoices produced correctly and efficiently.
- Monitor station invoicing revenue performance against business expectations.
- Upload all billed revenue to accountancy system ensuring relevant checks are in place.
- Manage attendance, holidays, sickness and resource allocation.
- Communicate all HR policies throughout the team.
- Accurate and timely processing of billing and reporting.
- Month end revenue performance against forecasts.
- Reduction in accrued revenue.
- Able to motivate team members
- Strong interpersonal, management and influencing skills
- Able to work to deadlines and manage prioritise
- Able to manage a team, skills to include experience of performance management
- Proactive individual who is fully aware of the importance of providing excellent customer service
- Customer focussed approach, dealing efficiently and effectively with all internal and external contacts at various levels
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to support the delivery of change and continuous process improvement programmes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Collaborative, able to work with/through others as part of a team
- Committed team player
- Trustworthy, diligent and self-motivated
- Reduced billing queries.
- Customer satisfaction both internal and external
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years Billing experience
- 2+ years in a Team Leader/Supervisor role preferably in Billing
- Experience and knowledge of ERP systems preferably SAP and Billing systems
- Awareness of credit systems and principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good excel skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Word
- Minimum of 4 GCSE’s grade A-C including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Qualified or part qualified AAT
- Ability to travel between Swissport sites, with overnight stays when required
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Computer literate (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) Access will be considered an advantage
- Advanced Excel, comfortable using VLookUps, Pivot Table, SumIf, CountIf and analysis tools
- Willingness to develop
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a challenging environment
- Ability to work closely with other departments and managers
- Excellent attention to detail.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England
Application Deadline: N/A