View All Telstra JobsTelstra
As a Network Engineer Specialist, you will provide analysis, design, development and deployment in specific technology domains, having due regard for how this technology inter-works with other technologies, to deliver products and infrastructure to defined service level standards. Specifically, you will focus on the various Government Wireless Network P25 land mobile radio and the needs of the Government customers that use those networks. The role extends to identifying customer needs and developing solutions to meet those needs with the P25 voice and data radio network and subscriber units, onboarding new customers, identifying and resolving interference causes, consulting on the deployment of network coverage extension and expanding the network as required.
- Drive business improvements across Networks and Telstra Operations through strong process improvement capability and stakeholder engagement.
- Integrate those sites into a P25 network over a diverse transmission network backhauled to a network operations and dispatch centre
- Actively engage and maintain external and internal stakeholder involvement and communication required to deliver effective project delivery outcomes for Telstra Operations, Networks and Delivery such as project progress risks and manage appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Develop a customer facing portal where end users can self-serve performance information
- Identify process improvements and cost benefits with systems and process expertise.
- Design, source, build, commission, handover and support a substantial number of two-way radio sites over the build period and into the support phase of a long-term managed radio contract
- Develop and provide integrated reports from a variety of systems and complex processes as required.
- Identifying and implementing improvements for data validation.
- Establish and lead cross-functional and/or virtual teams to deliver project outcomes, coaching and mentoring the teams to take responsibility for and meet regulatory requirements and project objectives.
- Manage expectations of stakeholders and delivery partners (including internal and external customers), drive change and negotiate successful project outcomes within a complex environment.
- Document existing processes and identify areas for improvement in quality and efficiency through automation.
- Tertiary level degree in Electronics & Communications Engineering or related course
- Experience in RF combining and multicoupling with understanding of various techniques required for two-way radio transmitter combining and receiver multicoupling, minimising interference, intermodulation and noise sources and their effect on land mobile communications
- Proven experience in project management and process improvement initiatives with strong process design and governance skills
- Sound knowledge of IP networks as they pertain to two-way radio systems, backhaul, redundancy and availability
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to influence and drive change at all stakeholder levels
- Strong experience in Two-way radio and good understanding of various technologies of providing land mobile two-way radio communications – including simulcast, receiver voting, conventional and trunking architectures such as MPT1327,
- P25, TETRA, DMR, DPMR, NXDN
- Experience in scripting and automation, particularly with languages such as Python, Tableau
- Extensive knowledge of EME legislation, Telstra’s requirements on EME, and Federal/State specific legislation such as the
- Telecommunications Act 1997, land mobile radio standards & other relevant acts under Victorian and Federal Government codes
- High level of technical expertise relevant to the network delivery program of work
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, AU
Application Deadline: N/A