View All Telstra JobsTelstra
As a Network Engineer Specialist, you will provide analysis, design, development and deployment in specific technology domains, having due regard for how this technology inter-works with other technologies, to deliver products and infrastructure to defined service level standards. Specifically, you will focus on the various Government Wireless Network P25 land mobile radio and the needs of the Government customers that use those networks. The role extends to identifying customer needs and developing solutions to meet those needs with the P25 voice and data radio network and subscriber units, onboarding new customers, identifying and resolving interference causes, consulting on the deployment of network coverage extension and expanding the network as required.
- Integrate those sites into a P25 network over a diverse transmission network backhauled to a network operations and dispatch centre
- Document existing processes and identify areas for improvement in quality and efficiency through automation.
- Develop a customer facing portal where end users can self-serve performance information
- Design, source, build, commission, handover and support a substantial number of two-way radio sites over the build period and into the support phase of a long-term managed radio contract
- Identifying and implementing improvements for data validation.
- Tertiary level degree in Electronics & Communications Engineering or related course
- Experience in scripting and automation, particularly with languages such as Python, Tableau
- Strong experience in Two-way radio and good understanding of various technologies of providing land mobile two-way radio communications – including simulcast, receiver voting, conventional and trunking architectures such as MPT1327, P25, TETRA, DMR, DPMR, NXDN
- Experience in RF combining and multi coupling with an understanding of various techniques required for two-way radio transmitter combining and receiver multicoupling, minimising interference, intermodulation and noise sources and their effect on land mobile communications
- High level of technical expertise relevant to the network delivery program of work
Vacancy Type: Part-Time
Job Location: Hobart, AU
Application Deadline: N/A