At Tesla, our S3 Technicians will have the opportunity to deliver a revolutionary and exceptional experience for Tesla customers each and every day. With excellence being the passing grade, your ability to produce results and develop innovate ideas to drive efficiency will come early and often. The development of technical skills will be achieved with a combination of training programs and on the job training, so learning is a must. Having fun, collaborating with teammates and changing the world is the daily activity.
- Partner with team members to drive efficiency and resolve complex issues.
- Support new Level 1 Associate Technician and existing Level 2 Technicians in adopting Tesla repair methods as described in Internal Service
- Performs the inspection, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles
- Operate a variety of hand, power, shop tools and automotive and electrical test equipment
- Perform equipment inspections, adjustments and certifications
- May involve the performance of Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI) of new cars
- Maintain records of time and materials
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of customer cars
- Support apprentice technicians as needed
- Knowledge of: Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Efficient skills in automotive techniques related to repair and servicing of automobiles.
- Perform mid to high-level work in the inspection, repair, and service of Tesla electric vehicles
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify issues and make recommendations to improve existing processes.
- Customer centric orientation with big picture focus
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Motivated to work in a high-paced, dynamic environment.
- Computer skills – ability to navigate through various software applications.
- Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles including testing, diagnosis, HVAC service, hydraulic, brakes, testing and repair of electronic systems and modules
- Experience using scan tools, following diagnostics and operating scopes/DVOM equipment
- Demonstrates a safety first attitude
- Excellent Oral and Written communication required.
- Keen to adopt new repair methods with little to no hesitation
- Ability to thrive in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lafayette, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A