We are seeking a motivated and energetic Production Shift Supervisor for the Can Stamping line within Cell Manufacturing at the Gigafactory Texas. This role will have the critical task of managing the priorities, equipment, and people associated with the production line. Your experience in fast-paced production lines where process and equipment development is a key feature will make you an ideal candidate for this role. You have a passion for employee development and enjoy the process of training and developing both new hires and veteran production staff. You are very hands-on and prefer to be on the production floor and have proven skills in both process and equipment troubleshooting, allowing you to easily adapt to constantly changing production environments.
- Generate daily pass downs and quality reports for engineering and operations team.
- Manage, coach, mentor and support up to 15 production associates on shift.
- Support issue resolution including root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Execute on priorities and production plans provided by operations management.
- Monitor and ensure safety standards are met by all employees.
- Execute and maintain Standardized Manufacturing instructions and Control plans.
- Ensure quality standards are being met throughout the entire production process and support no defects from leaving a station or team area.
- Background in metal stamping or forming production preferred
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient with MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Evidence of exceptional abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of 5S, lean manufacturing or 6-Sigma principles
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience supporting equipment maintenance
- Experience supporting process development
- High School Diploma required, Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- 3+ years managing or supervising teams of people in a production environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A