As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for developing & validating all current and future Autopilot features on the path to full self-driving. You will work very closely with the development team to drive the validation of new and existing features, and you will be responsible for reporting and investigating issues that are detected in the field. The work you do will directly impact the experience that our customers around the world have with Autopilot.
- Identify effective test strategies for new/existing features and craft test plans accordingly.
- Review of system requirements for testability and make
- Perform functional, stress, and performance tests on multiple levels within the system including vehicle software simulation, hardware-in-the-loop automation, and in-vehicle testing.
- Help transition Tesla’s Autopilot to full self-driving by developing & validating features including Autosteer, Navigate on Autopilot, Smart Summon, and more.
- Analyze issues detected during your tests or reported by others and work closely with firmware developers to fix issues and validate software changes.
- Leverage Tesla’s vast telemetry pipeline to monitor Autopilot performance in the field.
- Develop tooling/automation to improve the efficiency of the validation team.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Flexibility of traveling to various domestic and international destinations when necessary, to test vehicles on public roads, test tracks and proving grounds.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent in practical experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Strong software development skills in one or more common programming/scripting languages such as Python or C++.
- Experience troubleshooting on both software and hardware level.
- Experience testing ADAS features, CAN working knowledge, and/or experience testing computer vision systems a big plus.
- 3+ years of experience testing automotive or robotic systems, vehicle dynamics, embedded or system-level software, or consumer electronics hardware/software.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A