This role provides management and oversight for all phases of Tesla’s charging installation programs, including process development, feasibility diligence, design, construction and closeout. As the programs continue to expand, this role will develop and refine processes and operational tools, schedules and budgets. The role is ultimately responsible for ensuring that quality, budget and scheduling expectations are achieved and that all relevant external relationships are well managed. The ideal candidate will have relevant program management experience and a track record of building new programs. The role will cover the UK & Ireland Region and requires English language proficiency.
- Manage ongoing relationships with key internal teams, including purchasing, engineering, production, and service.
- Status reporting on progress, costs and performance
- Approach/strategy for project implementation
- Manage ongoing relationships with key external partners, including property owners/managers, general contractors, permitting authorities, utilities, and others.
- Equipment procurement
- Installation improvement and roll-out of the charging network in the region while managing timelines, quality and budget
- Utility service and interconnection
- Installation design and construction drawings
- Responsibility for the timely roll-out of our charging infrastructure projects
- Providing relevant information like energy cost structure and supporting in finding suppliers
- Steering and guiding external partners like site partners, grid operators, permitting authorities and installation partners
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of individuals; building officials, tenant coordinators, general contractors, subcontractors, architects, consultants, Tesla direct vendors, and internal Tesla staff.
- Working knowledge of construction documents, commercial leases, and construction exhibits.
- Proficiency in both technical and commercial communications; strong ability to simplify and isolate roadblocks.
- Understanding of the permitting and grid connection process, and experience working with the relevant authorities to ensure a smooth path and expedited schedule.
- Relevant infrastructure program/project management experience with a track record for ramping up new programs, ideally involving new power service and/or distributed generation or storage.
- Keen interest in electric vehicles and energy systems.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering multiple simultaneous construction technical projects on time and within budget, and adhering to the highest quality and standards through excellent cost control, project forecasting skills and ability to develop detailed schedules.
- Understanding of the design process and elements, as well as the underlying electrical calculations regarding power and currents; ability to develop new design approaches.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A