At TSB, we believe businesses need to reflect the communities they serve. This is why we have a long-term commitment to diversity and inclusion.It’s important to us to make sure we bring the best talent to our business, regardless of characteristics such as race, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background. Our focus on diversity and inclusion is a key part of how we support and develop the people who work here. It helps us build a stronger culture where no matter what background you come from you feel valued and confident in bringing your whole self to work.
- Leading the Government Affairs activity and team on a day-to-day basis.
- Managing the Government Affairs agency support.
- Designing and delivering strategic public policy programmes, campaigns, and engagement which actively promote, maintain and enhance the perception, reputation and commercial growth of the business.
- Helping the business to understand and to shape the external policy landscape to support the business’ growth.
- Managing the business’ relationships with trade associations on a day-to-day basis.
- Working proactively with internal and external stakeholders, civil servants and politicians.
- Act as a senior advisor to the Executive on public policy, political and reputational issues, providing regular updates and written and verbal briefings.
- Prioritise issues, generate ideas and deliver on opportunities to promote the business and its public policy positions to Government and stakeholders.
- Establish, build, manage and influence external relationships e.g. national and local politicians, civil servants, trade associations, interest groups, and think tanks.
- Act as a spokesperson for the business, representing the business at industry events and external meetings, delivering key strategic public policy messages and represent the business in a positive manner.
- Develop public policy positions and prioritising issues, as well as leading the business’ response to stakeholder enquiries and Government consultations, working closely with senior subject experts within the business.
- Develop and implement engagement programmes for the Board and Executive which promote and protect the business’ reputation and commercial interests.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of Government Affairs (either in-house, or in agency), and experience of working in, or around Westminster, with knowledge of heavily regulated industry or FS public policy issues.
- An awareness – and experience if possible – of working across wider communications functions.
- Be brilliant at communicating and building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Company: TSB Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England
Application Deadline: N/A