View All Twitch JobsTwitch
The Head of Design Ops at Twitch will be a nurturing powerhouse who understands and cherishes the power of design. Someone that understands how to create healthy design processes that yield high-quality results with incredibly happy designers. They will know how to identify potential issues and amplify opportunities cross -functionally. They are well versed in running Agile sprints and communicating progress within the design group and to cross-functional teams. To be impactful, you will have a high commitment to equality and an admiration for Design, Engineering, and Product Management. They will be sympathetic to all three disciplines and an expert at what makes a designer’s heart beat and what they need to be successful
- Keep the product design team in sync through communication of project status, potential overlaps, and key timelines that team members should be aware of.
- Work with individual design teams and understand how they all fit together within the product design org .
- Implement or create tools/process for scaling work
- Document and communicate process so that there is a shared understanding
- Communicate progress of design projects throughout the product org —providing visibility and predictability of design work across the organization.
- Partner with design managers as a true leader —to execute on larger cross functional projects 1-3 times a year.
- Constantly tweak the design process, optimizing for team collaboration and raising the design bar through shared understanding
- Standardize our on and off-boarding practices, tools and templates.
- Own vendor contracts and conversations for design tools and agencies that the team uses.
- Be the glue between design, product, user research, and engineering program managers.
- Advocate for design team health and identify potential burn-out for designers and managers.
- Manage and improve our agile practices and how work flows through our team.
- Know the ins and outs of JIRA and can show others the way
- Love people and will go above and beyond because that’s just how you are.
- Willing to become acquainted with new tools (like Figma) so that you have empathy for designers around you.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to bring cross functional teams together
- You’ve worked on products that build community or are well versed in community building.
- You have a high bar for quality and attention to detail
- You are supportive and fun
Qualification & Experience:
- Have had 7+ years of experience in project/program management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A