View All Unilever JobsUnilever
As a Legal Intern in the Supply Chain Legal Team, you will be reporting to the General Counsel, Supply Chain & Procurement, North America, based in Unilever’s North American headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, and be part of a multi-jurisdictional Supply Chain Legal team which supports Unilever’s supply chain and procurement functions on local, regional and global matters. Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, for the summer of 2021 the plan is for the internship to be conducted virtually without any on-site attendance. As a summer legal intern, you will gain incomparable insight into the legal issues affecting a multi-national fast-moving consumer goods company, and the type of legal services in-house counsel provides to its business partners. During the approximately 10-week program, you will be an active member of the global supply chain and procurement legal team and counted on to assist with both complex projects and day-to-day responsibilities. You will be tasked with actual attorney work. Projects you can expect include: participating in contract reviews and negotiations relating to the procurement of raw materials, components and finished products, evaluating legal issues related to procurement contracts and operations, supporting supply chain and supplier compliance assessments, including development and implementation of related policies and procedures, assistance on strategic projects and transactions, and helping to develop tools, templates and training materials to drive efficiencies and best practices in the delivery of in-house legal services.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communications and analytical skills
- Ability to research legal and business issues and learn new concepts quickly
- Positive and professional attitude, including dependability, timeliness, and a penchant for discretion
- Demonstrated aptitude and passion for learning new things
- Flexibility to attend virtual meetings (e.g. Microsoft Teams) during mornings and evenings, as required from time to time, to align with the schedule of a global team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to collaborate effectively across diverse internal legal and business groups
- A demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A