View All Unilever JobsUnilever
The Controls and Automation – Project Delivery Engineer will manage the end to end delivery of the site capital projects on electrical upgrades and controls and automation. Will drive the site masterplan for electrical systems and controls and automation aligned with the Unilever design teams. Provides support to the day to day and reliability activities. Reports to Site Engineering Manager, Independence – Savory/Tea Site. Position work level is 1C.
- You’re a change maker: Participates in establishing company-wide best practices and standards for electrical engineering and controls and automation and is responsible for ensuring compliance at local site. Leads the development of the plant masterplan for electrical systems and controls and automation. Technical resource to the category engineering team for new products and re-stages (innovation and renovation).
- You’re a dot connector: Participates in cross-plant improvement teams. Develop strong partnership with plant manufacturing, corporate engineering and union workforce. Supports root cause analysis on electrical, instrumentation and control issues.
- You’re a born leader: Leads all electrical engineering and controls and automation capital projects at the site and ensures corporate standards are followed. Provides technical expertise and input into reliability issues for factory systems: SCADA, PLC, HMI, DCS, variable speed control, servo-motion control, etc. to maximize plant efficiency and reliability. You are the site expert on electrical and controls and automation systems. Provides leadership in the management of software modification and optimizing programming, and maintains all records
- You’re a culture and change champion: Value engineering; bringing new Ways of Working to the Engineering community in our continued pursuit of the lowest installed cost, while living our core values (Value vs. Values proposition)
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: On Time In Full (OTIF) end to end delivery of assigned capital projects (typical value €0.05m – 2 Million) adhering to Unilever standards and ensuring safety as our number 1 priority.
- Attained Professional Engineer Status (Or member of professional institution)
- Project Management experience with electrical / controls and automation systems.
- Software / PLC programming knowledge, Process and packaging electrical hardware knowledge
- First-hand experience delivering major electrical and controls and automation capital projects within Unilever or similar FMCG environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Education: BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A