View All United HealthCare JobsUnited HealthCare
This position in UHC Accounting will be involved in monthly close process for capitation accounting. The position maintains general ledger accounts and related activities for capitation, prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and preparation of documentation in support of external and internal audits. The position also performs monthly flux analysis of Balance Sheet and P&L activity.
- Performing P&L analysis of monthly capitation to providers
- Month end close entries, accruals and ensuring accuracy of P&L and balance sheet. Track receivables and payables related to capitated providers.
- Helping to evaluate Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) applicability of various cap arrangements and ensuring expense is recorded to correct accounts
- Assists in designing and implementing process improvements and controls
- Providing external and internal audit support documentation
- Providing regulatory and statutory reporting support
- Review and approve monthly account reconciliations
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 4+ years of professional accounting experience
Company: United Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A