View All Valero JobsValero Energy Corporation
- Develops and manages local community investment program, as well as public relations, and government affairs agenda for assigned Valero refineries.
- Serves as key liaison with local government officials, agencies, and community leaders apprising them of issues of importance to Valero.
- Implements strategies and coordinate communications with key leaders to ensure our interests are represented.
- Creates communication materials including presentations and talking points for officials.
- Assesses public office candidates and make VALPAC political action committee recommendations for contribution consideration.
- Serves as a representative on civic and community organizations such the Chamber of Commerce identifies other resources to represent Valero when necessary.
- Manages involvement in community discussion forums including Community Advisory Panels and environmental groups. Evaluates need and develop strategy in response to public concerns.
- Represents Valero on key boards, civic groups, and industry related associations. Advocates Valero position and support of company values.
- Serves as the official company spokesperson with local media and other public entities.
- Negotiates with local governmental officials and other community leaders on certain matters as needed.
- Develops company internal and external local communications such as letters, newsletters., and/or social media, posts.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 10 years of community, media, and/or government relations experience required.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Public Relations or related field preferred.
Company: Valero Energy Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Beaumont, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A