Working to protect our valuable brand, Vodafone’s Group Legal function encompasses our Legal Commercial, Corporate, Risk & Compliance, Litigation and Volume Contracts (Technology & Procurement) departments. Joining us as a Global Privacy Manager, you can be part of our empowering legal function.This role will support Vodafone’s Global Privacy Programme by providing world class privacy compliance support, in particular through i) maintaining, managing, administering and developing Vodafone’s Privacy management tools and related internal and external demand management, governance and other processes; ii) supporting various compliance monitoring, quality assurance and reporting activities; and iii) supporting other team activities.
- Maintain a vision and related detailed specifications, roadmaps and other plans;
- Train new users, raise awareness of capabilities and communicate changes to users across markets
- Produce clever, impactful weekly, monthly and quarterly reports or dashboards, making use of tools or Excel
- Keep track of open actions and highlight data quality issues suggesting solutions to resolve
- Support Privacy Programme Senior Managers in their monitoring, reporting and assurance activities for example through consolidation of multiple reports, quality assurance and other activities
- Maintain templates, user accounts, conduct troubleshooting, raising and management of tickets and other such operational tasks to maintain usability of tools (including OneTrust)
- Maintain and manage a Demand Management process to respond to internal demands in a prioritised and risk based manner
- Manage supplier relationships, including communication and management of Vodafone demands with suppliers as well as influencing upgrades
- Maintain the integrity of the tools across the markets through a Design Authority process
- Oversee tool / data integration and other development projects, including Cyber and other compliance teams and markets
- Monitor developments in privacy tools and actively identify and drive improvements
- Able to quickly grasp the use of and navigate around new systems and tools.
- Excellent eye for detail, able to see patterns and trends in data sets
- Inquisitive, enjoy working with large volumes of data and fascinated by solving complex problems and identifying interesting trends and behaviours
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience as a tool administrator
- Advanced Powerpoint, and Excel reporting skills, including formulae and dashboard development. Knowledge of OneTrust certification is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and able to speak and write confidently and explain complex issues clearly and simply.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England
Application Deadline: N/A