View All Waitrose JobsWaitrose & Partners
Our drivers have the responsibility of maintaining the reputation John Lewis and Waitrose holds for customer service by offering outstanding service in the delivery of stock to our branches.
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile in everything you do from loading your vehicle to dealing with queries.
Drivers in the Partnership are accountable for all duties and must ensure these are performed in a safe manner. With an awareness of individual responsibility for health and safety at all times. You will pay full attention to and work within the laws and rules relating to driving a HGV vehicle. These include, drivers hour regulations, speed limits and other rules as outlined in either the Highway code, Partnership Transport Partners Handbook or the drivers training pack.
- As a driver, candidates should be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the relevant regulations as well as possessing the correct skills to pass the driver assessment.
- We are looking for Apprentices to join our team at Aylesford throughout 2021.
- Although much of the training will be flexible and tailored to your individual needs, there is an overall structure to the Apprenticeship Scheme:
- You’ll start with an induction day which will introduce you to the Apprenticeship Programme.
- You will work along side a driver mentor who will be an experienced member of the team. They will support you through the programme and help you put into practice what you learn.
- Your People Manager and your Apprentice Coach from the external Training company will be working with you and supporting you during your Apprenticeship.
- From the beginning, you will start to work through various elements of your programme. This will include a mix of ‘on-the-job’ and ‘off-the-job’ training. You’ll meet regularly with your People Manager and Apprentice Trainer to plan your learning.
- For the first 4 months of the programme, you will be classroom based on 3 days and 2 days on the road with your mentor. You will need to be self-motivated to drive your own learning and meet targets as this will be key to a successful completion of the programme.
- As part of the scheme, you will be working towards and acquiring the required licences for your role. By the end of month 5 on the programme, you will have taken the theory and practical tests for your category C and C +E driving licences.
- You will then have time to get used to driving a vehicle this size, alongside your driver mentor and work towards lone driving, developing your roadcraft skills. You will be working towards your Apprenticeship end point assessment which will be taking place around month 13.
- On successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme, you’ll discuss your full-time role for the next 12 months and available shift patterns with your People Manager.
- Clean driving licence at Category B only.
- This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening for internal and external candidates.
- 3 year references
- Driving licence check
- Medical Check
- Educational criteria checks are also required to be completed prior to the deadline so please allow time for this.
- The checks will be completed by our Apprenticeship Provider Qube. Once you have completed your application form a Partner from our Resourcing Team will be in contact through your Communication Portal to advise on next steps.
- Due to the nature of the role (including the delivery and handling of age restricted items) you do need to be 18 or over at the start of the scheme and you should hold a full UK Cat B clean driving licence.
Company: Waitrose & Partners
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A