The Information Technology Security Head ensures that the risk to the organization’s information posed by a variety of cyberthreats (cyberattacks; theft or corruption from within; etc.) is minimized. The IT Security head ensures that when cyberattacks occur or data are stolen or compromised, these incidents are dealt with promptly and effectively and the chance of that particular type of incident recurring is minimized.
- Help to design, implement, and maintain the organization’s cybersecurity plan.
- Develop and direct implementation of security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Direct the installation and use of security tools (e.g., firewalls, data encryption), to protect sensitive information.
- Recommend security enhancements to IT Management.
- Research the latest information technology security trends.
- Monitor the organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occurs.
- Help computer technicians, end users when they need to install or learn about new security products and/or procedures.
- Ensure that IT security audits are conducted periodically or as needed (e.g., when a security breach occurs)
- Monitor regulation compliance.
- Work with different departments in the organization to reduce risk. From technical controls to policies (and everything in between)
- Implement new technology.
- Audit policies and controls continuously.
- Monitor all operations and infrastructure.
- Maintain all security tools and technology.
- Monitor internal and external policy compliance.
- Ensure cybersecurity stays on the organizational radar.
- Detail out the security incident response program.
Qualification & Experience:
- “Wipro is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and makes all employment and employment-related decisions without regard to a person’s race, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law”
Company: Wipro Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangalore, India
Application Deadline: N/A