The Operations Manager is responsible for the safe execution of daily operational plans and strategies, to manage, lead and allocate resources, disseminate information to teammates, ensure compliance with key processes while achieving safety, quality, efficiency and financial KPI’s.
- Reviewing and assuring the accuracy of required production and inventory reports
- Assuring the attainment of facility production, quality and safety objectives
- Leading operational initiatives to ensure inventory accuracy goals are met
- Planning, monitoring and managing actual performance against operational portions of the budget; this includes, but is not limited to, proper management of departmental staffing levels, overtime and overall operational headcount
- Ensuring/reinforcing the FedEx Supply Chain teammate culture is being fostered in the facility
- Coordinating and conforming with the operational aspects of FedEx Supply Chain’s Core Excellence Program and audit regularly to ensure full compliance
- Directing the operational aspects of the facility
- Ensuring shipment and loading accuracy on all shifts
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Knowing and evaluating operational productivity goals, monitoring daily and ensuring goals are achieved on all shifts
- Expert knowledge level of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous team building experience preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean methodologies and/or Green Belt certification preferred
- Previous budget planning and P/L exposure a plus
- BA/BS degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering or other related operations discipline is preferred. Military rank at E-6-7/or O-2-O3.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- A minimum of three years of supervisory experience, preferably in a logistics environment responsible for WMS, QDM, LMS, P&L and talent management.Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with FedEx Supply Chain customers and teammates
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A